Thursday, September 19, 2013

Self-Introduction


Hello everyone. My name is Jingyi Yuan. I am an international student from China. I am currently studying at NY and I have already been here for 2 years. I like to watch movies and go shopping in my spare time. I also spend much time with my 7-month old Labrador.
I haven’t been teaching yet, but I hope that one day I can either teach English in non-English-speaking country or teach Chinese in the US. So this course would be perfect for me. This summer, I volunteered in a language school as an English teacher. I taught students from Grade 5 which brought me a lot of new experiences and lots of fun. Language arts sounds like an interesting course because we do have different means of expression on the same thing which might cause quite different understandings. Through the learning of last semester, I define new literacies as new forms of literacy existed in the information and technology times. It is always related to digital technology.
Hope to have a great time learning with all of you guys!

Here is the link of my Voki

No comments:

Post a Comment